28 November 2008

A LETTER OF THANKS TO THE DRUG COMPANIES


Dear Pharmaceutical Executive:

Our daily sales statistics for Generation RX reflect that consumers worldwide are flocking to the film. They also tell another story: the drug companies are also buying my film!

I am writing today in order to discern whether you were aware of this, or whether was it a simple clerical error. Good help is so hard to find these days! Our records show that on the first day the DVD was officially available for sale online, more than a dozen copies were purchased either by a drug company or in one case, their public relations firm.

And that’s only on the first day!

As the Director of the film, I am writing to thank you for your enthusiastic support of my vision. Please know that I appreciate your best wishes — and have told many national reporters — and Senator Grassley of your generous act.

At first, they didn’t believe me, but I told them that it was indeed a magnanimous gesture on your part. I mean, to purchase the work of filmmaker who has worked so diligently to expose the shoddy science and conflicts-of-interest that has permeated the medical establishment, well, it makes me beam with pride that you are taking my work so seriously.

Was I all-wrong about you? With the purchase of GENERATION RX, are you now trying to get to the truth? Am I to be accorded the official blessings of the entire petrochemical universe from this day forward?

If so, thanks again. Wow. You guys sure are great.

If I may be so bold, I’m sure that if ALL of your employees were ‘asked’ to buy my film, then I could get started much sooner on my next documentary, which involves the entire history of your great industry, dating back to Germany in the 1930s.

Ah, the stories we’ll tell!

So please write back when you get the chance, and let me know whether we should process the credit card for your orders. We take everything but Diner’s Card.

In the meantime, please accept my thanks for stepping out front to buy my film. Your support means the world to me!

Yours sincerely,

Kevin P. Miller
WRITER/PRODUCER/DIRECTOR

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

great job exposing the dirty deed of big pharma. Any way I can buy your "Let truth be the bias"? Can't find it anywhere. Is it still available?

4:19 PM EST  
Blogger Kevin P. Miller said...

We are re-releasing Let Truth Be the Bias - first seen in 1993-94 - with new footage, interviews and more in the Summer of 2009.

Thanks for asking, and thanks for following my blog!

I will post it here when Let Truth Be the Bias is available.

peace,
Kevin

12:06 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home